Thursday, December 8, 2011

WOOL INSPIRATIONS

The other day, I searched my wool stash for some pieces to inspire me and found myself with this harmonious quartet of colors. They remind me of spumoni ice cream.


Then I had to find a project for them! So I searched my stash of quilt mags and books and found the perfect one for the holidays—this pretty poinsettia pin. Granted this pattern doesn't call for brown wool but I might find a way to incorporate it. As I looked carefully at the photo, I realized I have the same herringbone green wool somewhere in my stash, too. So I guess it's time to get stitching!


I've also been making more of my wool flower ornaments for the feather tree. I just have to make a few more and I'll have just the right mix of wool flowers and other ornaments.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! These are such great ideas too! I love the wool flower ornaments. Isn't wool just the most wonderful thing to work with?

    Merry Christmas!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your wools! The poinsettia pin is fun and funky! You will have to show us your version when you get it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty! I love your little flowers, I'm on the lookout for that tool!!
    Merry Christmas!!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so fun to work with wool! I like the buttons on her coat too. Love the pin. It would be so fun to wear to a party this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poinsettia pin is to die for and will be stunning made up in your pink and green palette! May I ask where I could get my hands on the pattern?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from blog readers. Due to the amount of spam I receive, comment moderation has been enabled. SPAMMERS TAKE NOTE: Your comments will NOT be automatically published!